What is Bikram Yoga
Bikram Yoga is a demanding 26 posture (asana) series completed in a specific order.
- Each posture is done twice; each posture prepares you for the next.
- All classes are 90 minutes long and conducted in a heated room. Bikram along with his guru Bishnu Gosh, doctors & scientists devised this yoga system over a three-year period more than 50 years ago.
- The intention is to work every system, organ, gland, muscle, ligament & tendon in the body. From bone to skin, fingertips to toes, nothing is left untouched.
- The class is designed for all levels first time and experienced students alike.
- In time you learn to focus your mind and control your breath, leading you to work harder, deeper and yet calmer. As you improve this relationship, you will realise the true meaning of yoga: a union of the body, mind & spirit.
- The more you put into class, the more you will get out of it
It is a wonderful journey. Be patient with yourself and enjoy!!
Bikram Yoga has set my body, my mind and my hips free! –– Helen C.
I have lost 20kgs since I started doing Bikram 6 months ago. I didn’t need to do anything else –– Big Dave
I started Bikram a month ago and this is the first time since my first daughter was born 12 years ago, that I haven’t had back problems! –– Tess McKeown