Benefits of Bikram Yoga
Bikram Yoga improves the quality of your life
Bikram Yoga comprises 26 postures found in traditional Hatha yoga. These are practised in a heated room.
There is substantial evidence to support the benefits that Bikram yoga has both as therapeutic and preventative forms of medicine.
Yoga is an ancient science that has been around for thousands of years, and will continue to grow because of
its phenomenal effects on the quality of life.
Bikram Yoga is beneficial to sufferers of anxiety and depression, as well as those who have back and joint problems. Conditions such as depression, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, insomnia, high/low blood pressure, thyroid and weight issues may experience significant improvement when a regular and consistent Bikram Yoga practice is included as part of a treatment program.
Some of the benefits of Bikram Yoga:
- Builds strength, flexibility, balance, and tremendous endurance
- Prevents chronic illnesses and injuries
- Weight loss and toning
- Improves posture
- Promotes better sleep
- Deep sense of well being, vibrant health, and a peaceful mind
- Teaches you to breathe fully and correctly
- Maintains youthful appearance, as the oxygenation and cleansing improves skin tone
- Works every system of the body: cardiovascular, nervous, lymphatic, endocrine, immune, digestive, reproductive, muscular, and skeletal
- Reduces stress
- Improves heart and lung capacity
- Eliminates back pain
- Greater flexibility of your spine in its full range of motion, allowing the central nervous system to function optimally, resulting in high levels of energy
- Integration of the left and right hemispheres of the brain, which improves memory, learning, coordination and balance
- Builds mental strength by holding your mind in a focused meditative state